Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Yarrow ! Just too pretty to cut.


Yarrow is just too pretty to cut.
This is among the hardest decisions for me to make every year.
To cut or not to cut.
I still grow hundreds of Yarrow plants spread throughout the property.
I originally grew yarrow for my dried herbal wreath business that I owned for 20+ years (sold in 2009), and is one of the few herbs that I still grow. I make a handful of wreaths still for friends and family so it is nice to have the yarrow on hand. The stems of the yarrow make it an excellent choice for wreath making, and a great addition to dried fruit wreaths ( my specialty, wrapped with quince slices, pomegranates, cinnamon sticks, orange and apple slices and of course my friend the yarrow cluster.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments and tips below! We love to hear from you here at Feathers and Fleece Farm!